Friday, December 12, 2008

Catch up!


This is Audrey and her friend Ella. I mostly had to keep them separated because Audrey thinks she is a mommy and she is only 2. That can be a bit dangerous, but she means well. My Nieghbor, Britney went on a trip with her hubby. We watched her two kids, Ella and Aiden for 2 days. They are super good kids. It was totally crazy having 6 kids, but thankfully the older kids were super helpful. I couldn't have done it with out them!







Austin TRYING to dress Ella. He was the super duper helper. He LOVED Ella and Ella LOVED him. It was the cutest thing. He would carry her around and she would attach her arm around his neck and be lovin' it. She would eat on the same chair as him and he was SO patient with her. Austin is a baby lover. What a blessing he is!




Austin's best picture yet. I was so impressed that we took packaging tape and we "laminated" it. Then we hung it on a magnet board on the wall.



Kevin, Allan's brother lives in a bedroom downstairs and he randomly gives his things that he doesn't want, to the kids. So he gave Breanna his cherry chapstick. That night, I was putting everyone to bed and when I came into the girls room and I was thinking how impressive it was that Audrey had been so very quiet. Then I discovered why! Yikes, cherry chapstick everywhere! At least she smelled good. Better than poo I always say.



The dental hygentist was so very impressed at what a good patient Breanna was. We love going to the dentist! Good job Breanna.



Brayden was super good too. Austin was too, but I didn't get his picture.



This new dentist we go to now gives the kids coupons to Del Taco along with thier tooth brush and floss after thier cleaning. Way cool! It was especially fun the have Grandma Leanne with us!!! Audrey was trying out an outing with out a diaper and she wet her pants just before getting to Del Taco. I forgot to bring a change of clothes, so she wore a diaper and a sweater around her waist. Then, while we were eating, I spilled a whole cup of water on my lap and I looked like I wet my pants. We all laughed a lot.


That night we rode trax to temple square with Grandma Leanne.



Cool picture of the Salt Lake Temple

In front of the reflecting pond, freezing cold.



We were SO exhausted and freezing and we were waiting for Allan to pick us up. It was 10pm and the visitor centers were closed. We felt homeless. All I could think about was finding a warm place for us to be. We saw some people in the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg, so we decided to try that door. There was a lady by us with the same goal who tried to open the door but found it was locked. She started knocking on it and the people inside said the building was closed. She begged and pleaded and the people did open the door. Three or four groups came in with that lady. I was so thankful for her persistance. Audrey was asleep in my arms. I was so relieved to lay her down on the floor.


This is a weird picture, but I wanted to show how happy and excited we all were in the beginning. The lights were beautiful!


And this is how we felt at 10pm sitting in the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg. Outings are so much fun, but do require a lot of energy. We did a lot that day, but it was worth it. Thanks Grandma for making it all possible. We love your visits.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

That's so fun you got to ride the train and see the lights. And I think it's not the first time you've wet your pants, or the last.

Erin Fugal said...

better than poo...ha ha, that made me laugh

Cherish said...

I totally know that feeling! Last year, I was waiting outside temple square waiting for Nathan to pick me up after his work Christmas party, and he was much later than planned. It was cold and I was all alone and I hated it!