My cute husband the fireman. February 22nd, 2008 Allan came home from his job at Skywest and said, "I know what I want to be when I grow up". I raised my eyebrows and asked what. He said he wanted to be a fireman. I chuckled. It seemed so far fetched. 9 years of being married and he has not had a concrete goal for the future except to plan the next family vacation. He is a hard worker at his jobs but always wanted a different profession but never knew what. For a while he was going to be an accountant and went back to school for that, but it didn't last long, it wasn't a good fit. So when he said he wanted to be a fireman, I thought, how did he go from accountant to fireman? We fasted and prayed about it and it felt right so he further pursued it. For the first time it felt like things were falling into place for our long term future. Soon after that decision he applied to Sandy Fire Station as a volunteer firefighter. He then signed up and took an EMT class. After a long 3 month process, and completing his EMT, he was notified that he had been accepted to Sandy. They are putting him through the necessary training of Fire I and Fire II. He is currently in Fire I and it is VERY stressful and A LOT of work, but he is going to make it. Only 1 month left of that. I am so happy for him. He set a goal and is working hard to achieve it. We love him! GO DADDY!
7 years ago



2 comments:
Yay Allan, you're such a studmuffin!
Yay, how exciting for you! Maybe this means I only have 4 more years of marriage until Nathan decides what to do? :P
Post a Comment