Sometimes we do school down stairs and sometimes at the kitchen table.
We did origami for the first time. The kids colored and taped their creations afterwards
Breanna picking up a crayon in the most creative way possible
Brayden working hard on his frontline phonice page.

WOW! Austin has greatly improved in his attitude twords reading since starting homeschool, but I still had never seen him curl up with a book for enjoyment purposes. Well, that changed. We found a Star Wars "picture novel". It is pictures from the movie and things the people say in the movie, but in a comic book form. He LOVED this book and read it in only 6 days. It was SO awesome. One time he was very upset about something and he ran to the couch and curled up like in the picture and read the book for a while. He was happier after taking a self motivated time out. It was such a milestone for him to read as an outlet instead of being forced. It's so fun to see them grow up and the things they do!
Austin set a goal to read this Tree House Book, "Winter of the Ice Wizard". I was very surprised when he set this goal because not long before that, he was very anti reading chapter books. I was so excited to see his confidence growing. We have some coupons from Pizza Hut for homeschoolers to motivate reading. I help them set a goal for the month and when the goal is met, they get to redeem a coupon for a free personal pan pizza. Austin and Brayden earned their pizzas in October. Austin read 24 pages of this book and Brayden read 10 of his reading books. This month we uped the goal. Austin's goal for November is to read 44 pages of this book, and Brayden's is to read 16 of his reader books. They are both right on track. I am so happy for them. They are both progressing so much. Teaching them is so rewarding! I love it!
This is the Calculus Book of the Mortensen's Math. We are LOVING this math system! Austin does the math verbally while I sit with him.
I read this book about woodpeckers to the kids. Breanna had picked it out at the library. It was interesting. She wanted me to read it twice, which we did. BONUS: That book even passed an elective off in Austin's scout book.
Austin set a goal to read this Tree House Book, "Winter of the Ice Wizard". I was very surprised when he set this goal because not long before that, he was very anti reading chapter books. I was so excited to see his confidence growing. We have some coupons from Pizza Hut for homeschoolers to motivate reading. I help them set a goal for the month and when the goal is met, they get to redeem a coupon for a free personal pan pizza. Austin and Brayden earned their pizzas in October. Austin read 24 pages of this book and Brayden read 10 of his reading books. This month we uped the goal. Austin's goal for November is to read 44 pages of this book, and Brayden's is to read 16 of his reader books. They are both right on track. I am so happy for them. They are both progressing so much. Teaching them is so rewarding! I love it!
This is the Calculus Book of the Mortensen's Math. We are LOVING this math system! Austin does the math verbally while I sit with him.
I read this book about woodpeckers to the kids. Breanna had picked it out at the library. It was interesting. She wanted me to read it twice, which we did. BONUS: That book even passed an elective off in Austin's scout book.


2 comments:
What a great mom you are, your school time looks awesome!
I know it's not easy, but it looks like so much fun that I want to have kids to homeschool!!!
Post a Comment