We grew most of our garden from seed. Which was a huge new adventure for me. This seed package said "Squash" and had a picture of a zucchini looking thing. I couldn't find zucchini, so I bought that. Most of what we got on this vine was zucchini things like the green one. We ate them and they were delicious! Then this mutant appeared. It was much fatter than the rest, so I let it keep growing. I joked that we could have a green pumpkin for halloween. Then. . .it started to turn orange. It was a wonder and amazement for the kids and I. We loved checking on it everyday and watching it get more and more orange. By Halloween it wasn't enormous, but it was orange. If any one has an answer to this mystery please share. I have told many people and mostly I got the answer of different pollenation for this one. I don't know, but planting a garden to so much fun!
HARVEST TIME!!! It was warty on one side. We liked it. I cooked the seeds and they were SO yummy!
Uncle helping the kids carve pumpkins. This is the first year that Daddy didn't get to do that with us. Daddy is working SO hard at his 2 jobs and fire training. GO DADDY!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!
1st year he got to carve on his own
She got to carve the prized garden pumpkin.
2 of our 3 Jack-o-lanterns we carved this year. The one on the left is the garden pumpkin. Face design by princess, and carved by Uncle.
I finally had enough time to dress up!!! Did I mention I love dressing up? I just think all year I get to wear the same regular clothes. I love that on Halloween we wear something crazy. Why not take the opportunity to step out of the same boring daily stuff. You can't see my feet, but I wore Allan's shoes that are enormous on me. I stuffed the toes with socks and tied the shoe laces around my ankles. I also had rainbow striped socks on. This is us posing at the back of "Big Blue" our new-to-us natural gas van. We are parked at the trunk-o-treat in the church parking lot.
Brayden wanted to be in on the face painting too, so I painted black eyebrows on him and a swirl on his chin. He kind of ended up looking like an evil buzz light year. It was SO warm that night. He's wearing flip flops. Very weird for a Utah halloween!




No comments:
Post a Comment