Wednesday, April 30, 2008

For anyone that doesn't know, Audrey is the first picture and she is turning 2 on May 23rd. The next picture, left to right is Brayden, 5; Austin 7 1/2; and Breanna, 3 1/2. I am for the most part really enjoying homeschooling. I have been feeling, lately a need for more of a curriculum and have been looking around. Austin is loving learning about any history and any science. His least loved subjects are math and writing. He also loves to be read to, but he says he doesn't like to read by himself. But since he can read and I can't always read to him, he does read by himself. Today, I needed to finish up preparing dinner and cleaning the kitchen and so he read to the younger kids. Each one picked a book or two and they sat on the couch and read. Even Audrey. It was so cute. That moment made all those terrible mommy moments disappear. It was very rewarding. I took a picture, but of course it is still on my camera. We also watched a movie on WWII, picked out by Austin. I found out that there is a lot about it I didn't know, so we will be studying that time period more in depth at a later time.
Brayden is catching on to reading. He memorizes very well. We were reading a book about balls and he could memorize the whole thing after I read it to him once. I'm wordering if Austin read it to him another time. But I read it to him once and he said, "Mom, I only need you to read me something one time and then I know how to read it". Oh, well, great then. So he read it and I only had to help him a could times. It had 2 sentances per page and about 6 pages or so. It's exciting seeing them learn!!!!
Breanna is understanding rhyming. She picked it up today I think. We were sitting at the table for lunch and she said _____ and _____ rhyme, don't they mom. She has been asking me this question for the last month, but has up until today, been incorrect. Today, she actually rhymed. I am amazed. We rhymed back and forth for a while. She still got some wrong, but mostly was right. Tonight I read her a book with rhyming words and I would point them out. Then I started saying _____ rhymes with ????? and have her fill in the question mark and she got most of them right. It was fun!!

1 comment:

Cherish said...

That is so fun that she's finally rhyming!