We went to my sister Sheila's house today. She had surgery on her foot a week ago. She has done so much for myself and my family through out the years, I was so excited to serve her in some way. All I did was take her lunch, sweep her floor and visit with her. It was so fun. I encouraged her to get out her pictures from Italy and we had so much fun starting the project of putting them in an album and having her tell me or Austin and I about the pictures. I think she enjoyed having the memories come back since it has been 4 years. Austin was a great helper! I asked him yesterday for some ideas for things to study in uncomming homeschool "terms" and he came up with two ideas. First, was to study in and around Jeruselum after Christ died and the apostles all died. Second to study what happened on the American Continent and that same time. I told him I believe that would be the dark ages, but I am wondering if on the American Continent there was as much of a "darkness" as in the European continent. When I say darkness I am referring to a regression of advanded civilization and knowledge and of the gospel. It seems like, from what I am studied in the past that the "Mayans" had a lot of knowledge even about the stars and math and things. Ummmm. . . This is open to comments. I am very excited to learn more!!! I love to learn!!!
Breanna: I am very immpressed by her ability to listen to her body. We were at Sheila's and it was time for Audrey to go nappy and I asked Breanna if she wanted to take a nappy fully expecting for her to say "NO" and she stuck her thumb in her mouth and said, "yah". So I put her in Sheila's guest bed still thinking she would probably come back out and say, "I don't want to take a nappy", but not so, she totally fell asleep. Overall she is actually very good at that. When her body says sleep, she says okay. On Monday she was crying and I said, "Breanna, if you are tired, you can go lay down on the couch". She took me up on it and layed down. She fell asleep and it was about 7:30pm, so we had Family Home Evening by her in the living room.
Brayden has been struggling with staying dry again. He is 5 and this feels very frusturating at times. Today we went to the library after Shiela's house and he pooed and peed in his pants half way. It was so gross!!!! I had him use a tissue and pick the piece of poo out of his underware and put it in the toilet. Then I went to wash my hands and there was no soap. So we waited out side the door of the other bathroom to wash our hands, his being the most vital. he stood there very patient not touching anything, but I think a mom and a kid was in there because we waited for what felt like forever and the occupied sign never changed. Mean while, Breanna and Audrey start running around the library being noisy. AHHHH!!!! I tried to coral them but it was ending up in me dragging Breanna by her arm while she went jello legged and was laughing. I was NOT laughing and we were done. Luckily my hands were okay, so Brayden was on strict instruction to KEEP HIS HANDS AWAY FROM ANYTHING. He his very good, he clasped them together in front of his chest and touched nothing. I checked out what books we had. Brayden got no books or movies. Austin was a sweetheart and while I checked out books, he cleaned up Audrey's mess of board books. Then we was outa there. Breanna then ran away from me in the parking lot and behind a parked car. I quickly grabbed her and put her in the car and was NOT happy. I asked her what would happen if she did that and she said, "I could die" in a silly voice. I informed she would be in time out for a long time when we got home. Ahhhh. Sheila's house was fun, but we could have skipped the library today. I came home VERY tired. Brayden got cleaned up and Breanna went straight to time out for 10 min. When I talked to her after, I asked her more questions about dying and I could tell that she didn't grasp it. I explained to her that she would go to Heavenly Father, but Mommy and Daddy would be here without her. We would cry a lot and we would have to dig and really deep hole and put her body in it and then put dirt on top. That seemed to catch her attention. We talked about street safety. I feel like she grasped it a little better. OH!!! Back to Brayden: The cute thing that Brayden has been doing the last two days is in his prayers he says, "And I always love mommy and mommy always loves me." I felt like that was extra sweet because he has been struggling with the potty thing and I am not very patient with it. It is exhausting to me. But in the end he still feels loved. I am so glad!!!!!
Audrey has been loving doing her animal signs but has not been up to preforming until today. Daddy hasn't even seen her do them, but Shiela did today. It was so cute!!!! I love when we kids will show off thier talents to others. I see them all day, but then I ask them to do them for other people and sometime I get this look like, "I don't know what you are talking about". It was fun for her to show Sheila. Very validating to me.
There are the extrememly crazy moments, but overall, I LOVE being a mom!!! I have the best job on earth. The ones that Jesus called blessed and an example to us, I get to be with them all day every day. They are closer to Heaven than I am and I love having them in my home. I thank them at night for chosing to come to my home and be with me. I tell them I will love them forever no matter what. Children are an heritage of the Lord!!!!
7 years ago



1 comment:
That's really neat. You know I was thinking today after reading a very strongly worded homeschool advocate blog, how silly it really is to turn our kids over to public school. People stay home with their kids when they are little, saying, I didn't have kids so that someone else could raise them, and yet when they turn school age they are sent off to school for hours each day for someone else to raise them.
It's so great that you're doing this and you see what they learn each day, instead of hoping they will tell you a little something they learned at school but usually they just say nothing happened.
Oh yeah my mom is here for a couple days, I was supposed to tell you and haven't gotten around to calling you. I will call you tomorrow to see if you have time this weekend for us to all get together and talk.
Post a Comment