The kids started this fort on a Saturday in December and then on Sunday I helped them 'remodel' and make it more 'earthquake proof'. It was fun. I love making forts.
One day I left to go Christmas shopping and left Kevin babysitting. I had the kids pick chores before I left and told them they could do thier chores while I was gone, or wait till I got back. (They get to play playstation as soon as they finish their chores and they get 10 min of time for each chore). I just figured they would wait to do their chores. When I got home, Austin was done with his 5 chores and was shoveling the driveway as an extra chore. Wow, what a happy mommy moment! Go Austin!
Austin and Breanna went to friends' houses, and Audrey was asleep, so it was just Brayden and I. We had fun making this snow man together.

My wonderful sister, Sheila, making gravy at the family Christmas party. I love you!!!
"The star of Bethlehem," it was very bright!
I got this idea from an email Leanne sent me. We did this the Monday before Christmas.
We all dressed up as shepherds. Breanna can be very strong willed at times. This was one of those moments. She insisted on being an angel and wanted to wear her skeleton costume. A little strange but we chose to go forward steadfast with an a skeleton angel in our company. We started down stairs with all of our 'kosher' food in a piece of cloth tied up. Each person had a part of the dinner. All the lights were off and we walked up the stairs looking for the Star of Bethlehem. When we saw the star, angel Breanna did her proclamation with the help of Daddy, and we sang 'I am a child of God' as the heavenly host. Then we talked about how since we can't really go see the baby Jesus and bring him a gift, how CAN we give Him gifts? By serving each other. We ate our 'kosher' dinner of cheese squares, tortillas, apples, popcorn and cashews. Then each person wrote down on papers a service they could do for each other person in the family. Mom and Dad helped the little ones. Then we put the papers on the tree. It was fun and we mutually agreed that it will be a new tradition for our family.



No comments:
Post a Comment