Some days I feel completely out of control. The house is a mess, nothing gets done, etc. But there are other days when I feel very on top of things, patient and energetic. This was one of those days. It was a Saturday and I let Breanna have her friend, over and during nap time we made these pine cone turkeys. It was fun. I like those kinds of days!
The kids and I went to a friend's house along with 2 other families for dinner and making taffy. It was fun. The taffy had to be pulled but it was VERY hot. So 4 of us traded off with 3 chunks. We would pull till we couldn't stand the heat anymore and then pass it off to someone that was empty handed. The best part, though, was that Allan called me right before the candy making and was able to come over too! Daddy took the picture of me. We stayed after and played games. Thanks Laura and Theon. It was a lot of fun!
YEAH Austin!!!! Austin recieved his Bobcat award today. I love being a den leader for the wolves. It's a lot of fun. I love learning about the scouting program. It was always such a mystery to me before. I think I understand why the church uses it. It is so well organized and it is such a great way to keep those boys going in a positive direction. We need them to be our future leaders. This is a great place to start learning the skills to do that. And Austin has taken the first step into the program. I love how excited he is about it all. His goal is to earn 1 yellow bead each month. There are 12 requirments. Inside those are between 3-7 things to do. He has 18 things done, but only 1 requirment completely done. They get a yellow bead when they do 3 whole requirments. I don't know if that makes sense, but I'm glad he set a goal. Goal setting, it is very motivating to me.



1 comment:
Yeah I'm looking forward to gaining a testimony of the scouting program.
Post a Comment