Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Riding a Mechanical Bull

So I had heard of a mechanical bull, but had never known anyone that had ridden one or ever seen one. It's one of those things people just joke about. Well, my SIL rented one for her husband's 30th birthday. She had a full on cowboy party. Everyone dressed up as cowboys, I did my best. I wore stileto boots, a big goldish belt, boot cut jeans and a rhinestone t-shirt that said "Celebrity Cow Girl". I think that is the closest I have ever come to looking like a cowgirl. So, when the mechanical bull came, I was amazed. (I will post pictures when I get them) There was a big airfilled bouncy mat all around the bull. There were two real cowboys that came with the package deal. They controlled the speed and intensity of the ride. There were also big speakers blaring country music as well. At first, the kids were the main ones riding it. I ate and then I got in line with the kids. I never stopped being in line. For the next 1 1/2 hours I would stand in line, ride, then stand in line again. Austin, Breanna and I were all hard core bull riders. Brayden tried it once and decided it wasn't for him and played inside the rest of the time. Breanna was super good at staying on! She was completely silent and straight faced as she rode. It was very serious apparently. Austin was crazy boy. He loved getting bucked off. He would laugh. And I would hold onto the rope with one hand and help the other up. I would whoop and yell and hang on tight for a lond time. The cowboys wondered if I didn't have a second life as a bull rider. Hilarious. It goes to show you never know where you'll find those hidden talents. It was SO fun!!!! But the down side to it all is that it has been 8 days since then and my inner leg muscels are STILL VERY SORE! Oh but it was worth it. I would do it again. Fun and Laughter is so valuable to me. A little sore legs would never keep me away. Fun times, fun times!!!

1 comment:

Cherish said...

ROFL! I can totally picture you guys! What a crazy experience.