7 years ago
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
New York City Adventure
Allan and I went to NYC together from July 25th-July 28th. It was an adventure and a half. It was just the 2 of us. We spent less than $150 and we got to see so many things!!! We rode the subway everywhere. We went to the BCCNS meeting first then we made friends with some other people that have the condition. We went to Times Square, Central Park, Columbus Circle, The LDS Temple, 34th Street, saw the original Macy's, went on the Stratton Island ferry and saw the Statue of Liberty in a lightning storm, went in the empire state building (but not to the top, that was $20 per person). I ate a NY hot dog. It was VERY yummy. Its just such a different place and I felt so patriotic being there. There is so much of our country's history there. I loved it. I loved riding the subway. It was so dirty down there, but it's a way to get around and all types of people ride it. I thought it was cool how complete strangers would just sit right by eachother and it didn't bother them a bit. I think in Utah we are so comfortable in our cars that our comfort zone is WAY bigger than that. Even when I ride trax, a lot of people would rather stand than sit next to a stranger. I saw none of that nonsence in NY. I thought it was cool. I also met two sisters, one was 9 and the other was 10. They rode the subway by themselves!!!!! They were so sweet and I had a lot of fun talking to them. I saw a teen age girl sucking her them which put a bit of a fire under me to rid Breanna of the habit. The last night we had to spend in the airport and I saw a little mouse that aparently lived under the baggage belt. It was CRAZY trying to get home. The whole airport was WAY backed up. But we finally made it and I was greatful to see my kids again. The 3 older ones had fun with Grandma in AZ and Audrey had fun with Cheryl Vancott in Utah. What an adventure!!!!! I am so thankful for our travel benefits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh come on! There's nothing wrong with sucking your thumb no matter how old you are! Just not in public.
hi suzie- i am so glad you write on here when you get a chance- i get so busy and if i'm busy, i'm sure you're doubly busy. I'm so glad you and allan got a chance to get away- that sounds like so much fun. i've never been to nyc- i think it would be fun to visit, not to live though. one of these days i'll have a chance to chat and it will be so nice- i miss you. hope all is well
love
en
I think the more you ride public transportation, the more okay you get with sitting next to strangers. I really don't care anymore, I'll plop down next to anyone except a drunk guy. Probably in NYC they are so used to it that it's the norm - whereas here, most people take trax as only a part of their transportation.
Post a Comment