Friday, May 9, 2008

We stayed up late and watched Enchanted last night at our friends the VanCots'. It was fun! It was my first time seeing it and I really liked it. I love living in fantasy land. It reminded me of me a bit. During nap time today, Breanna and Audrey took and nap and Austin, Brayden and I read the unicorn in NY book of the Magic Tree House series. I can't remember the name of it, but it was awesome. We read for almost 2 hrs straight and ended up finishing the book. I was curious as to the attention span of Austin and Brayden because at night I'm never able to read to them as much as they would like. I wondered, "If I just read until they were done, how long would it be till they would want me to stop. It was so fun reading for that long! Austin sat by me and Brayden played somewhat quietly. We had to ask him to be quiet every once and a while. By the end, Austin was squirmy, but wanted me to finish the book. It was so relaxing to just sit and read! I was reading on ldshea.com about reading and this really hit me:

"Yes, this will require time and patience (reading), but remember: here is a person who would rather be with you than with anyone else in the world right now. Enjoy his company. He’ll be gone soon enough."

So I tried to enjoy them more today keeping that in mind.

2 comments:

Cherish said...

My mom read aloud to us all the time and it was such a great thing. I think you can develop your imagination so much better in hearing a book than watching a movie. It's always a shock to me when I see a movie based on a book I've read, because I have the story completely visualized just from reading the book, and the movie just isn't the same.

Erin Fugal said...

"it reminded me of me"...now that's funny
I remember you telling Mackenzie stories when you would babysit her...you're so creative that way. :-) i'm still blogging by the way
http://erin.fugal.net/blog