Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brayden picking a wife

So yesterday after we read scriptures as a family, Brayden started talking about growing up and finding a wife. Brayden is 5, by the way. I asked him, "Well, what do you want your wife to be like?"
"I want her to look good", he said, "I don't know exactly how to say how she will look, but good. She will look really good. She will look like a Grandma. 'Cause that is what President Hinkley did. He picked a wife that looked like a Grandma." He ended with a very proud smile. What a sweet boy!
Out of the mouth of babes. And now I ask some questions to a random audience. Why does our society think we should all look like we are 25 forever? Why do people not share their age? A five year old wants his wife to look good, like a Grandma. Where along the lines does looking like a Grandma become an undesirable thing? Wow. When he said that it brought little tears to me eyes and these questions to my mind. I love kids, especially when they are not screaming uncontrollably. Ha, Ha, Ha!!!

3 comments:

Danna said...

I overheard Jake (4) telling Fern (2) that when he got bigger he would have to go out and find a wife, and that Fern would have to find a husband. :) Kids!

Erin Fugal said...

I'm having a hard enough time coming to grips that we're going to be 30 soon. But I think we're aging gracefully don't you? I love the family picture you added
I'm trying to find a moment to call you- any day now. We need to chat and catch up
I love you

Cherish said...

Tag, you're it, see my blog!

Oh I keep forgetting to tell you, I really did plan on coming to Austin's baptism, but I was miserably sick that day. :(